Development of bioinspired structure with impact absorption capability: a study of case
The development of new materials is crucial for the advancement of engineering, architecture, and design fields. This is because new materials can offer significant benefits compared to traditional materials in terms of their structural, physical, and chemical properties. In architecture and design, new materials can be used to create more durable, sustainable, aesthetically pleasing, lightweight, and resilient products. Through biomimicry, this study conducted an analysis on the structures of four tropical fruits - orange, passion fruit, cocoa, and pomegranate - to generate a new structure with damping and energy dissipation properties, aided by scanning electron microscopy (SEM), computerized microtomography (Micro-CT), and computerized three-dimensional reconstruction. As a result, a bioinspired structure was developed based on the arrangements of cell walls found in the albedo (mesocarp) of the orange - Citrus sinensis. Using this developed structure, computational tests were performed and a resin prototype was created through digital fabrication. Therefore, the development of bioinspired materials for improved impact absorption and damping is important as it can enhance the safety and effectiveness of a wide range of products, from sports equipment to medical devices, while also contributing to sustainability and energy efficiency, which are significant interests in various fields of knowledge.
Copyright (c) 2023 e-Revista LOGO
Este trabalho está licenciado sob uma licença Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This journal, following the recommendations of the Open Access movement, provides public access to all its content, following the principle that free access to research generates a greater global exchange of knowledge. Such access is associated with the reading and citing an author's work.
The author must ensure:
that there is a full consensus of all co-authors in approving the final version of the document and its submission for publication.
that their work is original, and if the work and / or words of other people were used, they were duly recognized.
Plagiarism in all its forms constitute unethical publication behavior and is unacceptable.
The articles and other published works, become the property of the journal.
The contents of e-Journal LOGO are licensed under a Creative Commons License 4.0 by. It reserves the right to use software or other methods of detecting plagiarism to analyze the submitted works.
Under the license you have the right to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any media or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and create from material to any purpose, even if commercial.
- The licensor can not revoke these rights as long as you respect the license terms.
According to the following terms:
- Assignment - You must give the appropriate credit, provide a link to the license and indicate if changes have been made. You must do so in any reasonable circumstance, but in no way do you suggest to the licensor to support you or your use.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything that the license permits.
The authors of papers submitted to the e-Journal LOGO authorize their publication in physical and electronic media for academic purposes. The authors also agree on the distribution of articles by national and international indexing databases, whether or not for profit, and can be reproduced as long as the source is cited.
O autor deve garantir:
- que haja um consenso completo de todos os coautores em aprovar a versão final do documento e sua submissão para publicação.
- que seu trabalho é original, e se o trabalho e/ou palavras de outras pessoas foram utilizados, estas foram devidamente reconhecidos.
Os conteúdos de e-Revista LOGO estão licenciados sob uma Licença Creative Commons 4.0 by. Reserva-se o direito de usar software ou otros métodos de detecção de plágio para analisar os trabalhos submetidos.
Segundo a licença você tem direito de:
- Compartilhar — copiar e redistribuir o material em qualquer suporte ou formato
- Adaptar — remixar, transformar, e criar a partir do material para qualquer fim, mesmo que comercial.
- O licenciante não pode revogar estes direitos desde que você respeite os termos da licença.
De acordo com os termos seguintes:
- Atribuição — Você deve dar o crédito apropriado, prover um link para a licença e indicar se mudanças foram feitas. Você deve fazê-lo em qualquer circunstância razoável, mas de maneira alguma que sugira ao licenciante a apoiar você ou o seu uso.
- Sem restrições adicionais — Você não pode aplicar termos jurídicos ou medidas de caráter tecnológico que restrinjam legalmente outros de fazerem algo que a licença permita.